Protecting your privacy is important to the National Concert Hall (NCH). When communicating with us we will only ask for information that is relevant to our engagement with you. This notice was last reviewed and updated in July 2023.
The National Concert Hall is a statutory body established under the National Cultural Institutions (National Concert Hall) Act 2015. Our registered address is National Concert Hall, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 N527. Telephone: +353 1 417 0077
You can opt out of communication at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our emails, updating your preferences through your online account, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply phoning our box office on +3531 417 0000. If you have any questions regarding the privacy of your data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the above address or email email@example.com
To ensure we provide an efficient customer experience we may collect some personal information. The reasons may include when you: -
1. Contract with us to buy a ticket, gift cards, merchandise, become a financial supporter or make a donation
2. Consent by creating an online account, sign up to receive emails, newsletters or enquire about an event
3. If there is a change in our concert or event schedule or other logistical change, we have a legitimate interest to inform and update you
4. As we promote events that are of interest to you we will, on occasion, analyse or carry out market research with our database for legitimate marketing purposes. We will never share or sell your data to third parties. Please refer to our separate cookie consent management with digital third parties.
5. If you use our credit or debit card payment processes, we have secure transactional measures in place with our payment provider and your transaction is carried out directly with them.
6. We do not usually collect ‘sensitive personal data’ (special category) from you unless there is a clear reason for doing so, such as health or dietary requirements. This is to ensure we provide appropriate facilities or support to ensure your enjoyment at an event.
7. We may carry out photography, filming for TV/livestreaming/archive purposes/promotional purposes, and sound recording in or about the venue. Ticket holders’ automatically consent to this activity as members of the audience. If you object to being filmed/photographed as part of the audience, please let us know in advance of the event by contacting the reception desk in the foyer. We will do our best to facilitate your request.
8.. We use 24hr CCTV for safety and security for all who visit and work in NCH. CCTV secures both the building and the carpark. Please request to see our CCTV Policy by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact us at any time to validate your privacy rights and ask us to do the following in relation to your personal information: -
Amend We actively encourage you to let us know if your details have changed or if we hold inaccurate information
Access Ask us for copies of the personal information we hold on you
Restrict, Erase or Object Ask us to stop and erase your personal information, in certain circumstances
Data Portability Transfer your data to another organisation or to you, in certain circumstances
Partners & Applications
Ticket and Customer Management
Performer & Event Management
Shanahan’s Direct Mailing House
Direct Mail Fulfilment & Postage
Card payment processing
Data Analysis/Audience Research
We hold your details for as long as you are an active customer with us, then no longer than five years. You are free to opt-out of communication at any time. Please see details above.
Website & Cookies
While we make every effort to ensure you maximise your enjoyment through our services and events, if at any time you wish to raise a concern relating to the protection of your information, please contact our Data Protection Officer email@example.com or use the contact details above.
If you are not satisfied with our efforts to resolve your concerns, you may contact the Irish Data Protection Commission.
Their contact details are: