Events and Tickets
News: National Concert Hall's May/June Concert Schedule
NATIONAL CONCERT HALL’S MAY/JUNE CONCERT SCHEDULE OFFERS DIVERSE MUSIC OFFERING TO SUIT ALL MUSICAL TASTES
NATIONAL SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA SEASON | RTÉ CONCERT ORCHESTRA - THE MUSIC OF ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER | IRISH BAROQUE ORCHESTRA | AKADEMIE FÜR ALTE MUSIK BERLIN | RTÉ CONCERT ORCHESTRA - GUY BARKER’S A HISTORY OF SOUL | BANFF MOUNTAIN FILM FESTIVAL | WIGMORE SOLOISTS WITH MICHAEL COLLINS CLARINET & MICHAEL MCHALE PIANO | ERASED TAPES CELEBRATION | METRONOME | ROBERT CRAY BAND| FLOTATIONS | BLOOMSDAY - A MUSICAL CELEBRATION OF JOYCE’S ULYSSES | NSO - SUPERMAN IN CONCERT | THE SIXTEEN | NSO - THE MUSIC OF HARRY POTTER | NSO SUMMER LUNCHTIME CONCERTS | RTÉ CONCERT ORCHESTRA – MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU - A STAR WARS CELEBRATION | RTE CONCERT ORCHESTRA – QUEEN- A SYMPHONIC ROCK SPECTACULAR
Media Release Wed. 12th April 2023
The National Concert Hall’s May/June Concert schedule sees a variety of concerts on offer to excite, enrich and engage Irish audiences. With everything from The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber to Akademie für Alte Musik Berlin, and The Music of Harry Potter to a multi-artist line up for the celebration of music produced by the record label Erased Tapes at NCH there is much on offer to appeal to all musical tastes.
This May/June sees the return of the National Symphony Orchestra Summer lunchtime concerts, a popular series of one-hour concerts of symphonic classics with Irish and international soloists. In addition, the NSO can be heard playing The Music of Harry Potter, Superman in Concert, and Spectre in Concert in what will be three much anticipated performances for all the family to enjoy. A screening of Irish film Saorise? with live soundtrack also features.
The orchestra continue their Friday evening concert series with a host of world-renowned soloists including soprano Julia Bullock for Britten’s Les illuminations; pianist Martin James Bartlett for Brahms’ Piano Quartet No. 1; pianist Kirill Gerstein for Rachmaninov’s Piano Concerto No. 2 and soprano Mirjam Mesak in the season finale.
The National Concert Hall’s International Concert Series - Spring Series continues following a sell-out concert by cellist Sheku Kanneh-Mason earlier in March, with a performance by the award-winning early music ensemble Akademie für Alte Musik Berlin with soprano Christina Landshamer performing a range of works all written in the year 1765. On 21st May the Wigmore Soloists, a new ensemble of artists who regularly perform at the home of chamber music in London, the Wigmore Hall, join award-winning clarinettist Michael Collins and pianist Michael McHale for an evening of chamber music favourites and on 20th June, the much-lauded choral ensemble The Sixteen make a welcome return to Ireland for a celebration of the works of composer William Byrd.
RTÉ Concert Orchestra continue their series of popular and themed orchestral music concerts with a celebration of ‘May the Fourth Be With You – A Star Wars Celebration’, 4th May, ‘The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber’, 11th May and ‘Guy Barker’s a History of Soul’ on 18th May and ‘Queen – A Symphonic Rock Spectacular’ 2nd and 3rd June.
Ireland’s only professional period instrument orchestra, the Irish Baroque Orchestra perform ‘Emotional Motivations – from Bach to Buxtehude’, their first since becoming an ‘associate ensemble’ of the NCH.
As part of the NCH Perspective Series, seminal label Erased Tapes take over the venue on 20th May for a multi-artist celebration which includes electronic producer Rival Consoles, the esteemed Penguin Café and many more.
The NCH’s new collaborative series Metronome continues with exciting acts such as R.Kitt on 18th May and Stephen Shannon who launches his highly anticipated new album with Crash Ensemble musicians on 19th May.
There are many more performances by leading and emerging musicians and ensembles, masterclasses, Learning and Development programme events to look forward to, details of which can all be found in the NCH What’s on Guide for May June or www.nch.ie
· An Audience with Liverpool Legends, 3rd May
· RTÉ Concert Orchestra Presents May the Fourth be With You – A Star Wars Celebration, 4th May
· National Symphony Orchestra, conductor Joshua Wellerstein, pianist Martin James Bartlett, 5th May
· The Definitive Rat Pack, 6th May
· NCH International Concert Series - Akademie fur Alte Musik Berlin with
Christina Landshamer, soprano, 7th May
· RTÉ Concert Orchestra The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber, 11th May
· National Symphony Orchestra with conductor Jaime Martín, 12th May
· Irish Baroque Orchestra, Emotional Motivations from Bach to Buxtehude, 13th May
· RTÉ Concert Orchestra Guy Barker’s A History of Soul, 18th May
· National Symphony Orchestra – Christina Reif, 19th May
· Perspectives: Erased Tapes, 20th May
· NCH International Concert Series - Michael Collins, clarinet; Michael McHale, piano, Wigmore Soloists, 21st May
· Banff Mountain Film Festival, 23rd May
· National Symphony Orchestra with Mihail Gerts, 26th May
· The National Children’s Choir – The Joy of Singing, 27-29th May
· National Symphony Orchestra, RIAM Concerto Concert, 31st May
· Camerata Ireland and Barry Douglas, piano, 1st June
· RTE Concert Orchestra Queen: A Symphonic Rock Spectacular, 2nd /3rd June
· National Symphony Orchestra Saoirse? 9th June
· National Symphony Orchestra Summer Lunchtime Concert, 13th June
· Robert Cray Band, 14th June
· Hibernian Orchestra Summer Gala Concert, 15th June
· National Symphony Orchestra – Superman in Concert, 16th /17th June
· The Sixteen – A Celebration of Byrd, 20th June
· National Symphony Orchestra Spectre in Concert, 23rd /24th June
· National Symphony Orchestra – The Music of Harry Potter, 30th June
Highlights for July, August and September include: award-winning Portuguese Fado singer Mariza (27th July), Nickel Creek featuring the multi-talented Chris Thile (30th August) world-renowned pianist and composer Brad Mehldau (17th September), the legendary Elvis Costello & Steve Nieve in Concert (7th September) and many more.
For a full list of all concerts taking place at the National Concert Hall for the coming months see www.nch.ie or the attached May June What’s on Guide.
Media Queries: Sinead Doyle, Marketing & PR Manager, National Concert Hall, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2. Tel: 01-4170077 or 087 1775334.