Events and Tickets
Music in Children's Hospitals
What Is Music In Children's Hospitals?
Our partner, Kids’ Classics, brings live music to children’s hospitals across the country. Our programme and performers bring entertainment and relaxation to young patients.
"One of the striking aspects of this new series of music workshops in children’s hospitals is how the children of different ages are relaxed by the encounter with real classical musical instruments and the musicians." - Sylvia Thompson, The Irish Times
Kids’ Classics comprises a team of musicians who are trained in the delivery of music in healthcare settings. Through them, the National Concert Hall has been providing a programme of music in children’s hospitals since 2009.
Our musicians visit children in:
- Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin
- Temple Street Children’s University Hospital
- National Children’s Hospital, Tallaght
- LauraLynn, Ireland’s Children’s Hospice
- Cork University Hospital
- University Hospital Limerick
- Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda
Kids’ Classics is supported by Brackaville Investments, Michael O’Brien and the Lauritzson Foundation Ltd.